Blackmores Superkids Omega Brain Chews 50s
Only 0 in Stock. Be Quick!
- Whilst a balanced and varied diet is by far the best way for kids to get their nutrients, it has consistently been found that picky eaters have less variety in their diets than non-picky eaters.
- Research suggests that 58% of Australian children 2 – 5 years don’t consume enough omega-3s*. Therefore, parents may decide to supplement their kids diets with nutritional oils to help fill some critical nutritional gaps.
- Omega-3s fatty acids are referred to as essential fats because the body cannot make them from other fats or raw materials, it must get them from food.
- Omega-3s are important for brain development. The human brain is nearly 60 percent fat, and essential fatty acids play an important role in building the structure of the brain.
- Omega 3s are also important for cognitive function and the brains’ ability to perform.
- DHA is needed for the healthy development and function of the retina and visual cortex in the eyes.
- Iodine helps support healthy cognitive function, which may support healthy learning.
- The best food sources of omega-3 are fish (especially oily fish like salmon, mackerel, herring, anchovies, tuna), vegetable oils, nuts (especially walnuts), flaxseed seeds, flaxseed oil, leafy green vegetables.
Children 1-2 years - Pierce 1 capsule per day (or as professionally prescribed), and squeeze into milk, juice, or cereal
Children 3-12 years - Chew (do not swallow whole) 1 capsule a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed